The admission to UG and PG programme in participating universities under CLAT-2017 shall be done through centralised counselling conducted by CLAT office. The basis of allotment of seats shall be ‘merit-cum-preference’. That is, CLAT score and order of preference given by the candidate in the CLAT application form. Online counselling shall start after the declaration of CLAT-2017 results. The entire procedure shall be completed as per the CLAT calendar which is available on CLAT website.
The stepwise procedure which shall be adopted by CLAT office after declaration of result for admission is as follows:
Publication of first indicative list based on merit cum preference
The university-wise first indicative list based on merit-cum-preference will be published on CLAT website.
Payment of counselling fee and exercising of option by provisionally selected candidates
- A specified number of candidates from various categories will be allowed to participate in the counselling process against actual number of seats available with participating NLUs.
- The provisionally selected candidates must deposit the requisite counselling fee of 50,000/-.
- The adjustable counselling fee of 50,000/- deposited with the CLAT office will be transferred to the respective participating NLU where the candidate has finally
taken admission after the completion of the entire admission process.
- The candidates failing to deposit the requisite counselling fee through the CLAT website by the specified date will lose their right to be considered for admission under CLAT-2017 and their names will be dropped from the CLAT-2017 merit list.
- The candidates have to reserve their seats after paying the counselling fee by following the procedure prescribed in counselling guidelines given on the CLAT-2017 website.
Publication of second list having the names of finalized candidates after payment of counselling fee and additional waitlisted candidates
- The CLAT office shall publish a second list of candidates who have paid their counselling fee and reserved their seat in the participating NLUs.
- A list of waitlisted candidates will also be released in the second list who are provisionally selected against dropped out candidates, if any.
- The additional candidates are also required to pay the requisite counselling fee of 50,000/- and reserve their seat within the prescribed time period as per the CLAT calendar.
- The provisionally selected candidates can withdraw from the admission process within stipulated time as per the CLAT calendar.
A nominal fee of Rupees 10,000/- will be deducted from the deposited counselling fee
- Any withdrawal after the stipulated period will result in forfeiture of entire amount of counselling fee.
Publication of third list allotting seats to candidates
- The CLAT office shall publish a comprehensive third allotment list of candidates who have paid their counselling fee and reserved their seat in the participating NLUs.
- The comprehensive list shall include the name of candidates who have paid the counselling fee against the first and second indicative list.
- A list of waitlisted candidates will also be released along with the third allotment list who are provisionally selected against dropped out candidates.
- These candidates are also required to pay the requisite counselling fee and reserve their seat within the prescribed time period as per the CLAT calendar.
Completion of admission formalities at the allotted NLUs
- After the candidates are finally allotted seats in participating NLUs, they will be required to approach the allotted NLU with the balance amount towards the admission and other fees.
- The candidates will also have to carry relevant certificates/documents in original issued by the competent authority in support of the various claims made by the candidates, during the scheduled periods given in CLAT-2017 calendar and complete their admission formalities.
- The certificates in original will be checked by the respective universities at the time of their admission. (For detailed information/updates about the scheduled dates, the candidates must refer to CLAT-2017 calendar as updated from time to time).
- The candidates not possessing the required certificates/documents in original or failing to meet the eligibility requirements will not be allowed to seek admission in participating NLUs.
- The candidates seeking admission under various categories specially those belonging to the reserved categories such as SC/ST/OBC/Specially abled person/DFF/NRI and the unreserved category candidates seeking admission under state domicile category, will be required to obtain the relevant and authentic certificates/documents from the competent authorities and produce the same at the time of admission in the concerned NLU.
- Those candidates who fail to report at the allotted NLU after the publication of CLAT merit list and fail to complete the admission formalities as per CLAT-2017 calendar will automatically lose their claim for admission and their entire amount of the counselling fee of 50,000/- will be forfeited.