The common law admission test is an exam which is a common gateway for an aspirant to enter the National Law Universities in India. The exam is a simple objective test; this is conducted for the students to get admission in the national universities. These universities only conduct CLAT exam taking rotational shifts.
The selection of the candidates is completely done on the basis of their rank scored in the exam and the university they have preferred. For CLAT preparation you must fulfill all the criteria’s.
The entrance exam for every university is different for every year like DU LLB Entrance exam 2017.
Eligibility criteria for the students
- 10 + 2 examination which must not have less than 45 percent marks for the general category and 40 percent marks to the open category and the person with any sort of birth disability.
- Candidate must have completed the qualifying examination at the time of her/ his admission.
- The age criteria of the students must be below 20 years of age for general category as on July 2017.
- The age criteria of the students must be below 22 years of age for the SC/ST category and the person with disability as on July 2017
The post graduate examination
For one who has to appear the Common Law Admission test CLAT examination for the two year old LL.M course, the candidate must have completed the LL.B /B.L. degree or a degree which is as similar to this in weight from a recognized university.
But he/she must have completed the course with about 55 percent for the general caste and about 50 percent for the SC/ST list.
*Subject to the state reservation of the University concerned
- The candidate can appear for the examination and are eligible to apply for the test only if they have passed the examination at the time of his/her admission.
The universities are ranked according to their preference and the law schools that participate in the CLAT admission exam are as follows.
- National Law School of India University , Bangalore
- NALSAR University of Law , Hyderabad
- National Law Institute University Bhopal
- National Law Institute University, Jodhpur.
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
- National Law University, Odisha
- National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi
- National Law University and Judicial Academy Assam
- Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai.
- Chanakya Law University , Patna